The Chat tool enables you to engage in real-time text discussions with your instructor or other students in your class.
Note: All chat sessions are recorded and archived for other users to view. A Chat sessions can only be deleted by an instructor. Do not add content you do not wish all other users to see.
1) Chat Settings provides you with some customization options. Changes are announced within the chat window.
2) The Participants area maintains a list of active users and is continuously updated as users enter and leave the chat area.
3) The chat content window displays discussion text as well as chat activity, such as when users join the chat and when users change their settings.
4) The text box area allows users to enter text. However, it does not allow for attachments.
5) Selecting the Send button will enter your text into the chat window for other users to see.
6) Exit Chat will remove you from the session, but does not end the session for everyone else.
General (or Course) chats
General chats are public chats visible to everyone enrolled in the org unit where they are created. General chats allow you to incorporate chat discussions into the teaching of a course since they are automatically open to all users enrolled in the course.
Personal chats are private and visible only to users who you have added to the chat’s participants list. Note: All chat sessions are recorded and archived for other users to view. Chat sessions can only be deleted by an instructor. Do not add content you do not wish all other users to see.
To enter a chat, select the name on the Chat List page. All users appear on the left.
Each chat session is stored in the chat’s archives, where you can view it at a later time.
Note: The system archives a chat session after a period of more than 20 minutes of inactivity. Chats appear in the list of sessions after this period.